Thursday, March 24, 2011

Week 5: Also an epic fail

So I have actually been doing my ingredient per week challenge- I just haven't kept it up on here :(
But here's another failure that turned out okay in the end...

I was watching barefoot contessa and she made a chilled cucumber soup, the recipe will follow. Not being such a big fan of cucumbers didn't make this soup a good idea in the first place, but you know me- I will try it anyway! The ingredient this week was GREEK YOGURT. I hear all about it on the cooking shows but not so easy to find- if your trying to lose weight its a good substitute for sour cream-especially on potatoes.
I followed her recipe- and the results were...horrendous- although my friend didn't mind it- but she also loves cucumbers-gotta say not a recipe I would ever try again, but if you love cucumbers search it on google: Chilled cucumber soup with shrimp.

After the terrible results I decided I needed to make it up to my friend and we made smoothies.
I added:
  • 1 c of greek yogurt
  • 1 c of frozen raspberries
  • 3/4 orange juice
  • 1 banana
  • 1 tbsp agave nectar for sweetness
The frozen raspberries are very nice because unlike ice that would water down your smoothie- they keep it cold and add to the flavor without adding water.
Any fruit substitution would work here- especially mango!

1 comment:

  1. Greek yogurt is plentiful in Europe. I should try cook with it more.

    ReplyDelete